Sunday, March 15, 2009

Oye Shaava

Wow!!

This review is also available on burrp!
I’ve been to Oye Amritsar and loved it to the core. I’d heard this place has similar menu too.
It was quite a while since I relished the authentic Punjabi food. So, my friend and I unanimously decided on Oye Shaava.

Its on the 3rd floor, just below Oye Amritsar. As soon as you enter, the ever smiling courteous lady will receive you and direct you towards your table. The lighting isn’t bright but the music is pretty loud! But, that’s exactly how the Punjabis enjoy the music. With loads of fun and frolic, there’s a separate DJ area. If people dining there want to dance (more possibilities of one could feel – specially if it’s a large group of friends), there’s sufficient space.

It has only low rise tables and chairs. Pretty comfortable and cozy. The drinks available there has weird names. You may not come across this anywhere else. I tried the pepper vodka pani puri. This was different and funny from all the drinks I’ve ever had till date. My friend had the usual Budweiser beer. For the starters, we tried half plate of Dahi Bhalla Khomchewala (they serve all the starters in half / full plates). This had sweet and sour taste and I completely fell in love with it :)
Also, ordered Lassi (served in glass tumbler unlike the large steel tumbler in Oye Amritsar) which was at its best.

Moving on to the main course, we had aloo kulcha and make di roti with aloo wadiyan tariwali. The gravy was too thin and was difficult to eat though it tasted very good!

Meal for two would approximately cost around 700 bucks. For a decent Punjabi food, this is the place to be!

Oye Shaava is located @ No. 20, 3rd Flr, Asha Enclave, Church Street, Bangalore
Phone 41122877

No comments:

Post a Comment