Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shree Sagar

Unexpected Treat

This review is also available on burrp!
This is in one of the busiest main roads of jayanagar and most of the times crowded with the people beating the peak hour rush! I've been here quite a few times and every time I get surprised with the taste of the food they serve. It looks like any other normal darshini with the service hall but, they really do have an edge over the others.
They serve South Indian, North Indian and Indian Chinese cuisine.

During the peak hours it gets madly crowded. So, try and be there little early to avoid the same. They have the non-a/c dining hall in the ground floor and a/c dining hall in the mezzanine floor.

The walls has a huge painting of the interiors of the palaces giving a 3D effect which results in making the dining hall look much bigger.

The service is quick during the peak hours as they need to accommodate more customers who would be almost on the road waiting to catch hold of their seats to have a quick grub. But, my recent experience with their service during the dinner was not good! The waiter almost threw the plates on our table as though he was least interested in doing that job. One of the plates, I think was used to much for a long time now. It had the stains of masala and the turmeric though utmost care was taken to wash this well! I failed to understand why that plate has not been replaced yet!!!

Now, about the food, all that I can say is, it’s really good. I’ve tried the sandwiches (love the cheese sandwich), the rice items (paneer fried rice is really good!) and ofcourse the usual Indian breads and the curries. After a long time, I tasted such good kaju masala and believe me, it made my day. The naan and kulcha were soft and fluffy, and the kaju masala had some different flavor which won my heart :)

So guys, not bothering too much about the ambience, if you are ready for an unexpected treat, just barge into Shree Sagar!

Shree Sagar is located @ 73, 30th Cross, 4th Block, Near 4th Block Bus Stand, Jayanagar, Bangalore
Phone 26630575, 26638897

No comments:

Post a Comment